Saturday, January 2, 2016

zen

i haven't posted in several weeks because i have been resting.  rest is exactly what i need.  i work very hard (too hard most times) and give to others (often to the detriment of myself).  the holiday season provided me with a much-needed break from the daily hustle.  i was able to reconnect with family, friends, and myself.  i did a bit of traveling and read good books along the way.  i cooked and listened to new music.  i laughed and remembered the things that make me happy. 

life can be stressful.  but it doesn't have to be.  during my vacation, i met people who "rush for no one."  i talked to my elders, who reminded me that slowing down will happen - whether i choose it or not. 

i am so thankful for the chance to just be.  i've laid in bed for hours.  just being.  i've talked to great minds.  and we just were.  i went to church and connected with God.  we are. 

last year was hard.  this year might be too.  but i will keep my center.

hny.

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment