Saturday, December 5, 2015

hope matters

lately, many of my thoughts, interactions, and conversations have centered on hope.  earlier in the week, i relied on hope to continue on, even in the face of challenging situations.  that very same hope helped me rethink the challenges and find viable solutions.  in the same way, i have been seeing hope "show up" in my life in a variety of ways.  namely with friends and colleagues, who are looking forward to a goal, but are currently struggling with the steps to achieve it.  it's been nice to help people who are clutching on to hope and renewing their faith in their own abilities.  also, i've reflected on the ways that hope has gotten me and my loved ones to this point.  the power of hope cannot be overstated.  sometimes, it is the only thing that keeps us going.

as someone who always aims to improve, i recognize hope as the catalyst for my efforts.  if i did not believe that things could be better, i would not try as much as i do - both personally and professionally.  if i could not envision a better tomorrow, next week, or next year, then i would surely settle and be complacent.  but hope matters.  it, i argue, is the very foundation of my progress.

the phrase "hold on to hope" is powerful.  if we let hope go, even for a little while, we lose the capacity to try.

hopefully,

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment