Thursday, November 26, 2015

on a whim

for the past several weeks, i have been on a journey to simplify my life, which had become overly complicated.  it started on a whim...when i moved from one apartment to another.  at the end of a long moving day, i surveyed my new place and all of the boxes, furniture, and miscellany in my home.  not only was it overwhelming to look at, but it was overwhelming to live in.

so after unpacking, i decided to get rid of things that i didn't need.  clothes, jewelry, shoes, dishes, electronics, keepsakes.  nothing was safe.  i trashed, recycled, donated, and sold the bulk of my items.  and i found peace.

i kept it up.  i started to take stock of the things at my job (which, like my apartment, was also new).  i got rid of physical and electronic clutter.  i am still working on being a "lean" and efficient professional.

i have been ruthless about editing my social media accounts - both my own posts and the people i follow.  i delete who and what i don't like and my life is better for it.

like my journey to simplify, this blog was created on a whim.  and this makes me happy too.

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment